1729 Elm Street  Saint Charles, Missouri 63301



Contact us and we can respond quickly to any of your appraisal needs and information.

Contact Us Today

Review the value notice that you receive during the first quarter of every year. If you do not agree with the property's valuation or classification you have several methods of appeal available to you.


First, call the Assessor's Office to discuss your concerns with a deputy assessor responsible for valuing your property. Explain why you believe your property value is less than that indicated on the statement. The deputy assessor can explain how the property value and classification were determined. You may also want to obtain a copy of your county record and review it. Sometimes errors occur in data or physical characteristics of your home which could result in over-assessment in appraisal.


1.  Informal Conference

County employees meeting with tax payer, assessing value, may or may not change in value.

From the National Association of Realtors

Randy Watson is an RAA (Residential Accredited Appraiser) awarded by the National Association of Realtors. Specializing in the St. Louis and Greater St. Louis area. He has been on both sides of the table during the tax appeal process and provides exemplary service to his clients.

2. Board of Equalization

These appeal forms are typically on county site, and have to be filed with county by the 3rd Monday in July. Tax payers meets county employees, if they cannot come to terms, a hearing officer will be available, that is not associated with the county, typically a 3rd party appraiser hired by the board, to render value decisions.


Evidence you should bring:

3. State Tax Commission

If you're not happy with the value you got from the board, you can file an appeal with the State Tax Commission. The State will send a state attorney to be the hearing officer, and normally requires an appraisal from an independent appraiser. If you file with the State Tax Commission, you must pay taxes under protest. This requires you to mail a letter with your payment saying they're being paid under protest, pending the State Tax Commission hearing.I


Let us become your #1 appraiser in St Louis and St Charles. Call us at (314) 503-3870.

Contact Us Today